Sometimes you may find that some applications just freeze and you will also be unable to close it. It’s quiet a common problem and can be resolved easily, so there is no need to panic when you encounter this problem. According to Windows help team, these frozen programs can be closed by using a feature called “Task Manager” in Windows. Task manager provides you with the list of all the running programs and give you the option to close it from there itself. So let’s see how to close a frozen program using Windows task manager.
Windows help instructions to close ‘Frozen’ programs
What you can find below are the instructions provided by Windows help team, through which you can easily terminate programs that don’t respond in Windows.
- Commence this Windows help procedure to close frozen programs by pressing “Control + Alt + Delete” from your keyboard.
- Now the “Windows task manager” window will open up and under the “Applications” tab, you can see the list of programs that are currently running.
- From the list, select the program which is frozen and click the “End task” button which is located at the bottom of the task manager window.
- Now a window will open up saying “Program is not responding. End task?” there also click on end task.
Method – 2 suggested by Windows help team
- Initiate this Windows help procedure by opening the task manager (by pressing “Control + Alt + Delete “from your keyboard).
- Choose the “Process” tab in the task manager window.
- There you can see the entire list of programs currently running (including those running in the back ground). From there highlight the unresponsive program.
- Finally, end this Windows help procedure by clicking the “End process” button at the bottom of the window.
Once you have successfully followed all the above mentioned Windows help instructions, unresponsive programs won’t be there to trouble you.